OTCP stands for Online Transfer Claim Portal; it was using earlier to transfer EPF Claim Online. OTCP (Online Transfer Claim Portal) was also provided by EPFO for their Members.
However, Online Transfer Claim Portal having a long process of taking the request for transfer EPF Claim. It was also very difficult to understand “How to Transfer EPF Claim through OTCP”.
Therefore, EPFO has launched this facility under the Unified UAN Member Portal on 21 July 2017.
EPFO has made easy and less time to consume this process as never before through New Unified UAN Member Portal.
- What is EPF Claim Transfer and why we need to do it?
- Online Transfer Request can be accepted only when:-
- How to Transfer EPF Account Balance Using Unified UAN Member Portal?
- Here is the Latest News about EPF Claim Transfer dated 11 August 2017:-
OTCP – What is EPF Claim Transfer and why we need to do it?
EPF Claim Transfer is the process to Transfer the PF Account from the Previous Employer to Current Employer.
We need to do it when we do not want to withdraw our PF amount after leaving a Job / Company/ Organization.
As it’s up to us to take the decision of withdrawing PF amount from the PF account or not when we want to continue the same PF account with our New Employer.
Then, in this situation, we need to submit the request for EPF Claim Transfer.
Earlier, it was really very time consuming and difficult to understand “How to do EPF Claim Transfer Using OTCP”.
But after launching the service of Online EPF Claim Transfer through New Unified UAN Member Portal become really very easy.
Online Transfer Request can be accepted only when:-
Please be advised that the Online EPF Claim Transfer request can be accepted only after completing these 4 parameters.
If you feel that your account is eligible and completing all these 4 parameters.
Then, only you should go ahead otherwise, you request will be rejected or you will not be able to transfer your PF account from Old Employer to New Employer.
- KYC details should be updated on UAN Member Portal against your UAN Number. (We fully recommend you to update AADHAR Card, Bank Details and PAN Card under KYC Section for no hassle in future).
- EPFO accept only one transfer request against the Previous Employer (Member ID).
- If your previous and present Employer has your Correct Trusted Bank Account and IFS code. Then, only EPFO accept the Online EPF Claim Transfer Request.
- Please ensure that your personal information is showing correct in the Personal Information Section on the UAN Member Portal after you do UAN Login.
How to Transfer EPF Account Balance Using Unified UAN Member Portal?
In order to Transfer EPF Balance online using New Unified UAN Member Portal, follow the below-mentioned step.
- Visit New Unified UAN Member Portal by clicking on the provided URL:- https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/ member-interface/
- Enter your UAN activated Credential to do UAN Login.
- Go to the “Online Services” Menu and click on the “Transfer Request” Option.
- Now, you need to select and enter the details of your Previous Employer EPF Account by providing the Previous Member ID or you can enter the UAN Number in the respective field.
- It might possible that you have the Member ID in the old format. So, you can generate the Member ID in New format by “Clicking on Getting MID” button showing the below-posted screenshot. Otherwise, click on the “Get Details” button.
- After entering all the required details, you will redirect to generate the OTP and validate yourself by entering the Correct OTP which will receive your Registered Mobile Number.
- Just “Click on Get OTP” button and after receiving the OTP on your Registered Mobile Number, enter OTP in the respective field and click on “Submit” button.
- Then, you will be redirected to PF Claim Transfer page which you can download in PDF format. After downloading the PF Claim Transfer PDF file. You need to signed and submit a copy of the same to the employer within 10 days.
- After submitting the PF claim transfer copy, the employer will approve your EPF Transfer Request digitally.
Here is the Latest News about EPF Claim Transfer dated 11 August 2017:-
With the effect from September 2017 as per the article of (The Times of India) the Chief PF Commissioner, EPFO has announced that the PF Account will be automatically transferred when Employee Change the JOB / Company / Organization.
Hence, there is no need to get bothered to Transfer EPF Balance from Old Company to New Company.