Yes, you can do UAN Activation in just 5 minutes by following some simple step. EPFO did launch a New Unified Member Portal for their Employee.
UAN Number must be activated for UAN Login. After launching the UAN Number login Concept the Employee started getting lots of Benefits through UAN Member Portal.
As we all know that the UAN stands for Universal Account Number which means the UAN Number will a unique number for each and every Employee in their Entire Career.
Even, after changing the Job from One Company to other Company in India.
Earlier, Employee’s were not being able to get this much of Information about their PF Account Number.
Moreover, it was also really very hard to maintain the records of the Employee for EPFO.
Because, If any Member changes his/her Job due to some reason from Company A to Company B.
Then, their Member ID also gets change accordingly.
Therefore, it was becoming a challenge for EPFO to maintain the records of each and every Member, as to how many Members’ ID (PF Account Number) allotted to an Individual.
What is UAN Number?
Employee Provident Fund Organization of India has assigned 12 digits unique number to their each and every Member.
This 12 digit number will act as an identity for an Employee until the time of retirement.
It can be linked to multiple PF Account Numbers (Member ID);
Therefore, this 12 digit number called Universal Account Number (UAN) which means if you change your Job from Company A to Company B in this case both PF Account Number will be shown under your UAN number.
If you are active EPFO Member (registered & contributing in EPFO from your Monthly Income) then, you can generate your UAN through New Unified Member Portal.
- Things to know before Activating UAN.
- How to Activate UAN in just 5 Minutes?
- How to Know Your UAN Status? After Completing Activation Process
- Benefits of UAN Member Portal
Before UAN Activation you need to Know Your UAN Number.
If you do not Know Your UAN Number, then you need to contact your Employer.
As EPFO send the UAN number to the Employer. Moreover, you can get UAN Number on your Monthly Salary Slip provided by the Employer at the end of every month.
You can also contact your Company HR Department for the same and ask them to provide the UAN Number. This is your rights to Know Your UAN Number.
How to Activate UAN in just 5 Minutes?
UAN Activation process hardly takes 5 Minutes. However, EPFO may take 1 day to Activate UAN. Please follow the below step in order to Activate UAN.
- Please visit https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/ member-interface/
- Click on “Activate UAN” link as shown in the below-posted screenshot.
- Next, you will redirect to “Activate Your UAN” web page, Enter the respective details and “CAPTCHA” after that Click on “Get Authorization Pin” button as shown in the below-posted screenshot.
- Now you will receive OTP (One Time Password) on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP in the respective field and Click on “Validate OTP and Activate UAN” button.
How to Know Your UAN Status? After Completing Activation Process
As I say before going for Activate UAN, you need to Know Your UAN Number.
In order to Know Your UAN Number, you need to provide some details such as Aadhar Card Number, PAN Number, Name, Date of Birth (As per EPFO records), Registered Mobile Number and Email Address.
Please follow the below step.
- Please visit https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in /member-interface/
- Click on “Know Your UAN Status” as shown in the below-posted screenshot.
- You will redirect to “Know Your UAN” web page. Enter the Respective Details as shown in the below-posted screenshot.
After filling the asked details fill the “CAPTCHA” and Click on “Get Authorization Pin” button.
- Now, you will receive 4 digits OTP (One Time Password) on your register Mobile Number.
- Enter the OTP (One Time Password) in the respective field and click on “Validate OTP and get UAN” button showing in the below-posted screenshot.
- Now, a successful message will populate on the screen and you will receive your UAN and UAN activation status on your Registered Mobile Number as shown in the below-posted screenshot.
Activation Benefits of UAN Number | UAN Members e-sewa Portal
After Activating UAN Number the member can avail various types of the facility through Member Portal.
Please find some Benefits as mentioned below:-
- EPFO Member (Employee) can easily download Their EPF Passbook in which they can see the Monthly Transaction from the Starting. The Employee can also check the Contribution of their Employer in his/her PF Account.
- After doing UAN Activation, the Employee can easily request for Transfer Claim from One PF Account to Another PF Account at the time of changing the Job. It can be done online.
- An employee can update their KYC details and Bank Details on Member Portal. After updating these details the Employee start getting Monthly SMS and Email Alert of their Monthly Transaction each and every time when PF Amount submitted to his/her PF Account.
- The employees can easily withdrawal the PF Amount in the Bad time. If he/she has an Activated UAN Number with KYC & Bank Details Updated status. Then, his/her claim gets settled in a very fast manner.
- An employee can download their UAN Card as UAN Card contain very important information of his/her PF Account.